American Skin Institute COVID-19 Update
American Skin Institute’s Response to the Shelter-In-Place order for counties in California:
American Skin Institute is considered an “essential business”
Our offices will remain open and operational to serve our patients
American Skin Institute has been actively monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on our patient care and office protocols. Our highest priority is to continue providing excellent dermatology care in a safe environment for our patients and staff. We have created and implemented a strategic plan using best available practices plus “ahead of the curve” ideas to minimize the risk of person-to-person COVID-19 exposure in our practice. Our offices will remain open and fully-operational providing dermatology care for the foreseeable future. Our goal is to make our offices be the safest places you can visit outside of your home.
- We are closely monitoring our employees. Anyone identified with an elevated temperature or illness is not allowed to remain at work.
- Vendors, family members, and other visitors have been suspended from visiting our offices.
- Aggressive cleaning protocols, including disinfecting all high-touch areas, are in place in our facilities and occur frequently throughout the day.
- All patients and visitors are screened and examined for symptoms of illness prior to entering the office.
- If anyone has symptoms of illness, they will be asked to go home and inform their primary care doctor. If anyone is experiencing difficulty breathing, they will be sent to the ER.
- We ask that you postpone your scheduled appointment if you or anyone in your household may have been exposed to COVID-19 through travel to a CDC Level 3 zone or attendance at large gatherings less than two weeks ago.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the office, no visitors are allowed except for one parent for one or more minors or one visitor for patients requiring assistance for a disability. Please call us ahead of time if you have a need to bring more than one visitor.
- We will provide more open spaced seating, and you will have the option to wait in the privacy of your car until your exam room is open.
- We are making remote telemedicine consultations available to our patients. Please call our office for more information.
We look forward to seeing you and we remain available to you throughout these unusual times. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of service in any way to you or your family.
American Skin Institute Physicians, Advanced Care Providers and Management