The practice was formed in 2012, when the office of Ilya Reyter, MD., merged with the office of Allan Wirtzer, MD. With locations in Sherman Oaks, Beverly Hills and Westlake Village, American Skin Institute provides expert care in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology.
Our founder and Medical Director, Ilya Reyter, M.D., is fellowship-trained in dermatological surgery, specializing in Mohs skin cancer surgery and reconstruction as well as minimally invasive cosmetic surgery.
The board certified dermatologists and staff of American Skin Institute are dedicated to treating all aspects of skin disease utilizing the most advanced technology. Our facilities include:
- Mohs treatment center, for the most advanced surgical treatment for skin cancers
- Medicare-certified Ambulatory Surgery Center, offering the highest level of surgical care
- Comprehensive laser treatment center, with lasers for the treatment of blood vessels, sun damaged skin, sun spots, tattoo removal, hair removal, and skin rejuvenation
- Photodynamic treatment center, utilizing Blu-U light therapy for the treatment of acne and pre-skin cancerous lesions
- Psoriasis treatment center, including ultraviolet light therapy and the X-Trac laser system
- Acne treatment center
- Radiation oncology department, offering non-surgical treatment for skin cancer
- Plastic Surgery department